Lal mirchi ya hari mirchi ka achaar
Time :30 mins
- 25 gm Turmeric
- 25 gm red chili powder
- 25 gm salt
- 50 gm mustard seed (Rai)
- 50 gm Jeera
- 50 gm Saunf
- 50 gm Amchoor powder
- 50 gm Meethi Dana
- 1 1/2 liter Oil
- half kg Red chilies or (green chilies)
- In a Kadia add one and half litre of oil and at medium flame heat the oil and keep keep aside for cooling
- Wash and dry Red Chillies ( green chillies)
- Cut the top of the Red and green Chilies and remove the seeds and the center u can use a knife or a fork.
- Dry roast methi dana ,jeera, sauf for a minute or two.Do not roat rai i.e is mustard seeds
- In a mixer grind jeera,rai(mustard seeds),sauf,Methi dana in a powder form to make powdered masala
- Mix all the powdered masala with salt, amchoor powder, turmeric and red chilli and powdered masala well with the seeds of the chillies removed.
- mix well and add a 2 table spoon of oil (heated and cooled earlier)
- mix well add more oil if needed to form a paste
- Fill this paste witha spoon or knife in the chilies
if u want u can slit the chilies as i have done for green chilies
- Put the remaining Masala over it place it in a jar and add the cooled oil which we had heated earlier
- now tie a cloth and keep it in sun for 20 days before use so that the masala and chilies get soaked in it .
After that your delicious and tasty Achaar is ready for use.